9.13.2016

Admiration from afar

Earth, air, fire, water
And I feel like I can decode anyone of them. 
I can decide the compass that orbited the universe and send it back light years away. 
These stars are mere winking eyes 
That shed a light on all the land has to offer, whilst most of the world is asleep. 
I feel like an alien trying to perfect what I've observed from afar. 
Duplicate what it is to be human
Get each move down pat
So as they pat me on the back in greetings they may not feel the difference. 
Trying my best to seem adequate. 
Normal. 
But what I see in humans is inhumane 
What's normal to them has nothing to do with my idea of truth. 
One day they will see me, I can't disguise my eyes
For they are the only part of me that's uncovered
I find myself whispering to myself holding my own self. 
Soothing. 
I CAN feel too 
I'm just not as good in hiding it like humans do. 
We are dying breed
Yet, we are dying to be like each other
Stay true to yourself 

No comments:

Post a Comment