1.19.2011

Walk on by


Walk on by

Walk on by but please don’t step on me along the way
No day but today
Is what I heard em’ say
But your abuse seems to be present in my life everyday
Boiling inside me and I wonder would the sky ever turn from gray
Night and day I yearn and sometimes act on my own dreams
Creating my own world of happiness
Just to breath and enjoy that hard wind of fresh air
Trees blowing and leaves dancing to my own tune
But every time I miss a step in your eyes I get a back hand blow to the face
Then forced to blow you
What am I going to do?
Tears are the only part of me that get to escape your cruelty
So in a way I envy my own self
I wish I were those tears
I wonder where it escapes to once it hits the ground
It seems to evaporate and hide
My hiding doesn’t seem to help
My head seems to be too heavy for me to hold up
Its so used to your hand knocking it in whatever direction you please
So I dream to mentally think in my own direction and path
For It is my own self control
So “if you see me walking by and I start to cry just walk on by”

-Jennifer Coleman dedicated to abused humans


No comments:

Post a Comment